Vice President of Digital Experience
About the roleFounded in 1998, Abcam PLC was an early pioneer of eCommerce in the life sciences industry and aptly, described as ‘the Amazon of antibodies’ in its early years and more recently, ‘the Apple of antibodies’. For multiple years, including 2017, Abcam was voted and awarded the ‘Best Website’ by life science researchers with millions of visits monthly. Today, Abcam is one of the top 5 most value companies listed on AIM with a market cap value of nearly £3B.
Abcam is searching for a Vice President of Digital Experience to report directly into our Senior Vice President of Customer Experience (CX). Working alongside peers in Sales, Marketing and Customer Support functions, the VP of Digital Experience will lead a team of 10 colleagues and have accountability for the eCommerce channels (including the website, mobile app, SEO and PPC channels) as well as taking a lead in the roll out of modern CX technologies for internal use (Marketing Automation, Sales and Service CRM, etc). Abcam is looking to leap frog our digital experience to the next level and seek innovation and inspiration from China’s digital economy. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong, results driven ecommerce background and a track record of leading teams and partnering well with developers and technology counterparts.
Roles & Responsibilities• Develop and deploy the digital strategy to deliver the best customer experience across all touchpoints and achieve commercial targets.
• Set the strategic direction for digital capabilities aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspectives and defining new opportunities to drive value and meet local and global needs.
• Focus on customers, promote customer centricity and ensure the creation of great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
• Drive results, set and report against stretching goals and be accountable for continuously driving improved ecommerce performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
• To communicate approach and progress to stakeholders, ensuring they are informed of project delivery status, critical paths, and risks.
• Contribute to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and partnership with a willingness to proactively coach, facilitate, share knowledge, and be the role model and advocate for a changing organization
• Manage internal resources optimally, hiring, developing and retaining great people. Forecasts, allocates and manages an annual budget.
• Manage vendors effectively. Manage the scope and delivery with agencies, consultancies or vendor contracts, oversee’ s legal contracts, onboarding of new vendors and vendor resources.
• Model our behaviours, create a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modelling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
About youYou will have a bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject (or equivalent) extensive experience in leading international (US, Europe and Asia) ecommerce and digital marketing with the ability to speak ‘tech’ confidently, understands tech challenges, asks the right questions and seen as a credible and effective partner with the IT organisation. You will be knowledgeable with the latest customer-facing digital technologies and strategies including AI or machine learning; as well as the latest global trends in digital media and advertising. In addition, you will have experience of digital media buying, optimising, and tracking to drive sales.
You will have a Proven track record of delivering and achieving goals; able to plan and manage a portfolio of concurrent programs with an open, transparent and empowering leadership style. You will be an outstanding communicator with the ability to influence cross-functionally and at C-Suite, you will bring people with you through inspiration and education. You will be passionate, meticulous about designing intuitive customer journeys / user experiences. In addition, you will have a curious, strategic and entrepreneurial mindset with a strong analytical and strategic focus.
if this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
About UsWith offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.