Value Chain Planning Manager
About the role:The jobholder manages all supply chain planning activities end to end across one of four key value chains to deliver maximum service levels and optimal inventory and cost. Each value chain encompasses multiple global distribution sites and both in-house manufactured and third-party purchase items.
Essential Responsibilities:• Responsibility for management of end to end material flow across the value chain
• Working with stakeholders in Procurement, Category Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Logistics and Finance to ensure delivery of company strategy for the value stream
• Line Management of a small team of Value Chain Planners and Administrators across multiple sites
• Ensuring that value chain service level targets (Delivery on Promise/On Time In Full, Fill rate) are hit at an acceptable cost; ensuring order backlog is kept to a minimum
• Responsibility for conformity of actual planned batches to value chain production budgets
• Working across value chains to support capacity planning across manufacturing and distribution sites
• Ensuring that value chain inventory levels are optimised end to end across raw materials, intermediates and finished goods
• Key stakeholder in company Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
o Working with key stakeholders in Manufacturing, Supply Chain Planning, Procurement and Logistics to deliver an achievable supply plan for the value chain, based on a strong knowledge of capacity and constraints across the value chain
o Working with customer facing teams to ensure that forecasting and demand management is optimised
• Driving Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence activities using Lean/Six sigma methodologies
About you:You will be extremely curious, with significant experience in a supply chain role within a Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) or Integrated Business Planning (IBP) environment. You have natural attention to detail and possess excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills. You are comfortable with production planning using an ERP system and have a proven track record of optimising material flows across both production and distribution sites. You are APCIS CPIM qualified (or similar), or are prepared to work towards obtaining this qualification within two years of starting the role.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Minimum Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Significant experience in a supply chain role with S&OP or IBP experience
• APCIS CPIM qualified (or similar), or prepared to work towards this
• Significant experience of using Oracle or other large-scale ERP systems
• Experience of running all or part of a Sales and Operations Planning or Integrated Business Planning process
• Experience of using Business Intelligence software such as Tableau
About Us:Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.