Abcam, a global leader in the bioscience industry, require a UX Designer to support its continued growth. Based in the Shanghai office, you will have the opportunity to help define and shape our commitment to our digital customer experience across desktop, tablet and mobile by delivering intuitive and engaging user experience research and design.
We require a seasoned UX Designer with experience of cross-platform user experience design, the ability to adapt to requirements quickly and an in-depth design capability that allows for flex at pace.
Successful candidates will have sound knowledge and understanding of usability design principles and have a passion for learning by delivering sophisticated and consistent digital solutions. Proactive by nature, with the drive to meet objectives, applying experience to extend our current UX capabilities through independent and collaborative working. With the core UX team based in Cambridge UX, independent working will be an ongoing requirement.
As a member of the Customer Experience (CX) function you’ll be in good company, working alongside an experienced and multi-disciplinary team with expertise honed at recognized leading brands.
- Previous experience and knowledge of UX for mobile and WeChat will be important. Your experience with WeChat and your design output in this area will be of interest as part of the interview process.
- Support UX, UI, Dev and QA teams, which operate in a fast-paced agile environment and understand the importance of excellent time management and delivery
- Experience designing experiences to exceed user expectation, using a mix of design capability, collaboration and utilizing customer data as part of the improvement process
- You understand the need for and can demonstrate design consistency, aligning your design output with our global brand guidelines
- Collaborate on sprint planning, identifying UX priorities and requirements with Product Owners and Project Managers
- Identifying and propose improvements where opportunities arise
- Aid in facilitating user experience research, testing and analysis
- Understand the need to balance user needs with business goals and technical capabilities
- Design rapid prototypes using Axure and can contribute to other areas of UX including; research, user journeys, testing, low/hi-def wireframes. All to a high standard.
- Degree or experience in User Experience Design or a related area
- Language: Chinese & English
- Extensive design capability and delivery
- Experience working with UI and Development teams
- High attention to detail delivering cross-platform
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders
- An understanding of code and can communicate with developers to convey UX led ideas, empathizing with and representing the user during the process
- Experience of taking ideas from initial concepts, to wireframes and hi-fidelity prototypes, with the communication skills required to convey their requirements
- Experience designing for e-commerce environments will be an advantage
We are looking for a proactive individual that demonstrates the drive and desire to deliver high quality projects.
As part of our UX recruitment process, it is important that we can review candidate current and past work. Please include a link to your portfolio, which reflects your high standards and strong understanding of UX and interaction design.