US Inventory Associate - Logistics
Inventory Associate - Logistics
Manufacturing | Eugene, OR, USA
About the role:The Manufacturing Inventory Specialist is responsible for the completion of Cycle Counts and all associated documentation in accordance with company policy. Sample duties include cycle count training, scheduling, resourcing, discrepancy investigation, stock adjustment management, and report generation. In addition, this role requires report generation and presentation to Abcam’s leadership team.
Essential Responsibilities:• Appropriately resource and monitor cycle count progress to ensure department fulfills policy requirements.
• Create, organize, and maintain documentation related to cycle counts
• Follow-up on items in quarantine and complete discrepancy investigations
• Follow-up on items requiring stock adjustment and ensure actions are completed in a timely manner
• Oversee any necessary re-counts
• Coordinate with Costing team quarterly for write-offs. Monitor write-offs.
• Provide stock count and adjustment sheets to Costing team weekly
• Prepare weekly accuracy metrics and analyze against Policy tolerance levels
• Develop and prepare monthly summary reports for leadership team
• Identify patterns and action inaccuracies
• Aid Logistics with daily receiving and shipping utilizing system software (20 – 60%)
• Display resourcefulness in following tasks through to completion
• Excellent professional communication skills that are quickly adaptable for cross-department communication
• Must be proactive, have strong follow-through, and excellent time management skills
• Comply with all Health & Safety (H&S) regulations
Minimum Qualifications:• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 1 - 2 years of relevant experience required
Desired Qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Prior experience working in a team-oriented environment
• Proficient with Excel and data visualization
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Extraordinary organizational skills
• Confident and effective communicator; inter-departmental, with managers as well as peers
• Demonstrated experience solving problems both individually and by recruiting help from others
About you:The ideal candidate is an assertive team player with strong communication skills, demonstrated organization skills, and a high level of appreciation for following the process. As the representative for Eugene Manufacturing, you will excel in inter-department interaction.
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.