Location: Boston, MA US
Interfaces with: Digital Marketing, Portfolio, Marketing, Customer Service, Scientific Support, Sales, Consumer Insights
Travel: Up to 50%
About the Role:In this key role, you will be responsible for managing up to ten global tradeshows and exhibitions while achieving 60% new customer acquisition and profit goals. You will handle the overall strategy, messaging, creative aspects, and budget providing a memorable booth brand experience anywhere in the world. In addition, you will develop new prospects and interacts with existing consumers to increase sales and brand awareness, generating new business growth.
In addition to executing the tradeshow strategy, you will design our virtual events strategy ensuring a strong presence in the digital life science community. Generating brand awareness and a positive consumer journey by producing multi -touch platforms with digital assets, resources, and micro sites serving our consumers and allowing them to discover more, faster.
- Develops and distributes pre- show plan, results, and post show communications
- Collaborates with business leaders and Marketing Communications to develop objectives/messaging and position at shows
- Measure and report on ROI metrics for all activities
- Lead and negotiate sponsorship and speaking opportunities with tradeshow producers
- Manage lead scoring with appropriate departments
- Contribute to our online community in virtual events creating avenues for relevant content around on-going events
- Manage Labroots virtual event reflecting core tradeshows online driving traffic and new leads to maximize conference exposure
- High level of project management which includes:
- Effective cross department communication
- Budgeting master (manages tradeshow budgeting process, estimations, tracking of budget, and reconciliation of final expenses)
- Show research and strategy
- Booth asset management
- Pre-and post-show logistics:
- Communication with show management
- Audio visual
- Booth staff scheduling and training
- On site set-up/tear down
- Post show evaluation and follow-up
About You:You will be a driven marketing professional, with previous experience managing tradeshows. You will have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, and, ideally, experience in the Life Sciences. You are an enthusiastic, positive, leader that encourages a collaborative approach with the right measure of assertiveness and diplomacy who can troubleshoot and provide solutions in a fast-paced environment. Lastly, you are highly motivated, impeccable attention to detail, and superior organizational skills are a requirement.
- 3 years of previous Tradeshow experience
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or closely-related field
- Proficient in Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proven record of budget expertise
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and experience in analyzing effective marketing programs and key metrics
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Proficient with lead scoring, follow up, and promotions
- Team player
- Adaptable and flexible
- Previous work in the Life Science Industry is a plus
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.