Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
About the role:
This position will play a critical role in the successful lean manufacturing initiative at our Eugene, Oregon site. At Abcam the pace of innovation rivals that of the research scientist that we support. You will interface with R&D, sister Abcam sites, and on site procurement and inventory control functions to remove barriers to a rapid and flawless schedule execution.
We are progressing quickly in our implementation of postponement and you will make a critical contribution to the ‘to be’ processes and systems that need to be in place. You will also lend your expertise to the expansion and/or implementation of ERP systems to automate safety stocks of raw materials.
Essential Responsibilities:• Responsible for Materials planning for several product categories, determining quantity and timing of production batches, optimizing standard trigger points and replenishment quantities to ensure that service level targets (Delivery on Promise, OTIF, Order Average Lead Time, Fill rate) are hit for manufactured product ranges at an acceptable cost
• Work with the Manufacturing team to support capacity planning
• Contribute to the company Sales and Operations Planning process
• Become a Superuser for Abcam’s ERP implementation, covering supply chain planning for the Eugene site
• Ensure that Inventory levels are optimised across raw materials and finished goods, and work with other stakeholders to optimise stock levels.
• Work within the established production budget, ensure that the order backlog is kept to a minimum and that production of new and already established products is balanced appropriately
• Ensure communication of stock replenishment dates to customer facing teams; handle exceptions where stock does not arrive on time or to specification
• Work with commercial facing teams to ensure that forecasting and demand management is optimised
• Contribute to continuous Improvement activities using lean/Six sigma methodologies
Minimum Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Two years in a supply chain role
• Experience operating ERP systems [SAP]
Desired Qualifications:• Experience in a manufacturing supply chain planning environment, or experience working in a biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing with a solid understanding of planning issues
• Experience using supply chain planning aspects of ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
• Solid experience with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
• Proven ability to build effective relationships across all levels and functions in an organisation
• Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and present findings and recommendations
• Experience meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results
• Ability to creatively solve challenging problems
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.