Supply Chain Administrator
Supply Chain Administrator – Cambridge, MA
About the role:The position will be responsible for ordering stock from OEM suppliers and tracking the delivery to Abcam. You will also process all order confirmations, track down overdue items and assist in effectively resolving any issues that may arise.
• Order stock from OEM suppliers to fulfil customer orders
• Process order confirmations from suppliers and liaising with other departments where necessary to resolve queries
• Follow-up with suppliers on overdue items
• Resolve issues where incoming stock arrives damaged/incomplete, etc.
• Effectively manage delays related to customs, etc.
• Update out of stock notes when long delays occur
• Other ad hoc duties as necessary
• Associate’s degree or equivalent professional experience
• 1 year of experience working in an office, lab or distribution setting
• Prior experience in a customer-service (internal or external) position
• Previous experience in Supply Chain, Oracle a strong plus
• Superior interpersonal skills, especially being able to communicate effectively both externally with suppliers & internally with colleagues
• Must demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
• Must display attention to detail
• Prior experience effectively solving problems
• Experience with MS Office, particularly Excel and Outlook
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.