Supply Chain Administrator (6 months)
About the RoleAs a Supply Chain Administrator you will join our team at our Global Headquarters on the Science Park in Cambridge for 6 months. The role will involve working for high service levels at minimal cost and stockholding by generating planning requests for third party products and ordering stock from OEM suppliers. You will also track inbound delivery, process order confirmations, chase overdue items and assist in resolving receiving issues.
Please do note that in early 2019, our Cambridge office will be moving to the Biomedical Campus near Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Roles and Responsibilities:Including, but not limited to
- Validating planning tool output to ensure that the right stock levels and service levels will be hit for third party products
- Ordering stock from OEM suppliers to fulfil customer orders and maintain service levels
- Processing of order confirmations from suppliers, liaising with other departments where necessary to resolve queries
- Chasing suppliers for overdue items
- Dealing with issues where stock does not arrive exactly as it should
- Other ad-hoc duties as necessary
- Providing support to business improvement initiatives
- You will be educated to degree level in an analytical subject
- Previous experience within Supply Chain is desirable but not essential.
- You will have good interpersonal skills, and your customer focused attitude will play a vital part in communicating externally with suppliers and internally with colleagues both locally & oversea.
- You will have excellent time management and organisational skills enabling you to efficiently prioritise your workload.
- High attention to detail will aid you with problem solving, which you will face on a daily basis.
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly in Excel and Outlook.