Strategic Marketing Manager, Neuroscience
About the Role:
The Marketing Manager for Neuroscience at Abcam is a key market strategy and product management role, responsible for supporting development of, and delivering the marketing strategy for the neuroscience research area product portfolio and ultimately delivering the appropriate revenue growth for the franchise.
The role is part of a team of 3, headed up by the Director of Strategy for Neuroscience, and is responsible for making recommendations on the short and long-term development of the neuroscience product portfolio. You will drive understanding of the strengths and opportunities within the existing neuroscience portfolio, understanding the market both now and its likely future direction along with the needs of Abcam’s full customer base. You will fully utilise in-house expertise, collaborating with the R&D team to identify opportunities to expand on our portfolio and capabilities, and with the Product Management teams to input into the development of new capabilities to allow up to remain competitive in the market.
Collaborating with the Marketing Communications and wider Customer Experience department you will develop exciting strategic marketing programs to drive demand and lead generation supporting the sales initiatives and business objectives to increase our brand perception and neuroscience customer base.
About the Research Area Management Team:We are building a team who are highly committed, enthusiastic and ambitious, focused on collaborative working, innovation and strategic thinking, and who thrive on the challenge of achieving stretching goals. The team work in a fast-paced environment where they take a solution first approach to problem solving and are very results focused, with a strong sense of accountability for achieving their goals. What’s more, they have a strong sense of fun and energy.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Through continuous analysis, use of business acumen and market intelligence, make recommendations on the definition and tactics for execution of the marketing strategy to deliver a step change in revenue growth of the neuroscience product portfolio and achieve annual revenue and margin targets.
- Make recommendations on the long-range development of Abcam's portfolio of products across all categories in neuroscience research and provide input into the development of the in-house R&D pipeline of new product types and platforms.
- Design and execute methods for tracking and responding to competitor marketing activities for neuroscience.
- Make recommendations on key product lines and market segments to target that enhance Abcam's global reputation as a leading partner in the neuroscience research.
- Design and develop dashboards to track the progress of the neuroscience strategy against key competitors to establish a picture our position within the market
- Be the subject matter expert in the collation of multiple data points, including internal and external sources, in the neuroscience research area.
- Design and collaborate with the Marketing Communications and Performance Marketing teams to deliver the marketing strategy for the launch of products or new validation data from R&D initiatives
- Partner with Business Development and Customer Experience teams to communicate and position ourselves with potential customers
- Provide subject matter expertise in assisting the Events team with the planning and execution of our portfolio of homegrown events including webinars and conferences
- Recommend candidates to form Abcam’s external scientific advisory board for neuroscience and support the development and maintenance of Abcam’s relationships with these board members and of the overall scientific advisory board for neuroscience
- Recommend and provide executive support on collaboration opportunities for follow up by the M&A, Portfolio Development, Business Development and Custom Products & Licensing teams with corresponding marketing strategies
- Internal communications:
- Inspire and proactively engage key stakeholders across the business in the neuroscience strategy.
- Represent the voice of the global neuroscience market across the business.
- Design and deliver methods to communicate the neuroscience marketing strategy to the global Abcam team and ensure a consistent understanding of the neuroscience research area across the organization
- Develop highly collaborative relationships across all global departments and provide input into new market opportunities to deliver the neuroscience strategy.
You will be able to demonstrate significant sales or product management experience in the Biotech/Pharma or Diagnostics industry. In addition, you will have extensive experience of driving the development and execution of marketing strategies to deliver a step change in revenue growth for the product ranges you have managed. You will preferably have experience within the neuroscience research field and in all approaches to antibody development and antibody applications.
You will have proven ability to establish strong working relationships internally and externally. Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate and present findings and recommendations effectively will be key to this role.
A minimum of a BSc in biological sciences or equivalent would be necessary and a PhD would be a bonus.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences. Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.