About the role
The US finance team comprises approximately fifteen individuals and the Senior accountant role sits within a team of currently three, but also supported by the Finance team in the UK. The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the Core Finance team in its day-to-day activities covering five US entities and which ultimately result in the preparation of accurate financial reporting each month.
The role therefore plays a key part in the month end close process across multiple areas of the balance sheet. The Staff Accountant also implements and monitors financial controls and process improvements within pursuit of their role.
Roles & responsibilities:
Key role in the month end close process including (but not limited to):
- Preparation of weekly bank reconciliations
- Cash management and reporting
- Prepare reconciliations for certain balance sheet accounts and ensure items cleared on regular basis.
- Prepare payroll entries
- Posting of journals alongside supporting data as needed to support the journal
- Cross - validating financial inputs and outputs to maintain efficient processes and robust recording of the Group’s financial position and cash balances
- Work closely with the Transactions team (accounts payable and accounts receivable) in order to maintain efficient processes and robust recording of the Group’s financial position and cash balances
- Financial controls:
- Maintain controls in the cash and payroll processes
- Implement necessary process improvements
- Complete ad hoc projects and analysis as required
- Experience working in a multi-site, multi-system enterprise.
- Either a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; or
- At least 2 years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- A team-player
- Problem solving ability.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now! .
As a global leader in the sale of research antibodies, Abcam is committed to serving life science researchers to achieve their mission, faster. We continue to identify the biological pathways of greatest interest to our consumers and continuously strive to provide products of the highest quality with increased specificity, reproducibility and sensitivity. At the same time, through investment and acquisition, we are expanding into new markets, identifying new technologies and applications while moving into new geographic regions, thereby driving sustainable growth.
Abcam was founded in 1998 and has been listed on the UK AIM market since 2005. Market capitalisation is in excess of £2bn and revenues for the last financial year ended 30 June 2019 were £260m.
The business continues to be strongly cash generative, and is putting that cash to work in both capital projects, to ensure the future scalability of the business, as well as investing further in the continued development of products and services. Strategic goals include expansion in growth markets and investing in operating capabilities to grow the business two fold from its 2016 scale by 2023.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.