About the role:
This is key role was created within our growing Accounting Department to handle our increased demands. The Staff Accountant will support the Finance team with its important day-to-day tasks, which will ultimately result in the preparation of accurate financial statements for the company. This role will be a key player in our month-end close process. The finance professional will also be involved in implementing controls and process improvements.
- Assist with important tasks to support the Month-End Close Function
- Work closely with the Transactions team in order to maintain efficient processes
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliations
- Maintain payroll reports and reconciliations
- Prepare payroll entries
- Maintain controls in the cash and payroll processes
- Implement necessary process improvements
- Complete ad hoc projects and analysis as needed
About you:You are passionate about accounting and have a bachelor’s degree in the field. In addition, you have at least one year of professional experience in an accounting role. You understand the terminology and basic functions associated with this type of role. You possess strong communication skills and have a natural strength in analyzing data and spotting inconsistencies.
Minimum Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or 2 years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and one year of experience in an accounting role.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Strong team-player
- Demonstrate problem solving ability
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience working in a multi-site, multi-system enterprise
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.