Sr. Research Associate
Sr. Research Associate – Service Lab
About the Role:
We are seeking a dynamic Service Lab Senior Research Associate to work in our Cambridge, MA office to provide customers with quality data and analyses related to our high-throughput, multiplexed immunoassays and miRNA assays. The successful candidate will participate in every aspect of the Service Lab, from experimental design through running the assays, data analysis, report generation and supporting the customers as they interpret the results.
You are a Friendly, positive, self-motivated team player, You take great pride in your written and verbal communication skills, and have a high attention to detail and accuracy. You function well in a team environment, displaying great active listening skills and contributing ideas
• Run customer samples on multiplexed detection assays with high reproducibility and attention to detail
• Work with hands on and automated assays
• Retain careful records of all work done
• Analyze results to determine if QC metrics are met
• Generate reports of experimental work for submission to customers
• Troubleshoot problems with assays and samples as they may occur
• Address customer questions related to work performed, leading to high customer satisfaction
• Work closely with R&D to incorporate new assays and propose and implement improvements to existing assays
• Generate SOPs related to the incorporation of new assays into our portfolio
• Continually think of, suggest, and help implement process improvements
• Actively participate in team meetings and discussions
• Support training of new users on the assay
• B.S. in Biology or a related field
• One-year additional laboratory research experience. Experience must include RT-PCR work
Preferred Qualifications:• M.S. in Biology or a related field
• Two years laboratory experience in various genomics assays
• One year experience in a laboratory setting that demonstrates CLIA or GMP
• One year experience in a laboratory setting that demonstrates BL2 compliance
• Experience with high-throughput assays
• Experience with R or python
• Experience with statistical analyses
• Experience with ELISA or other antibody-based applications
• Ability to work independently and multitask
• Takes initiative and follows up on work appropriately
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.