About the roleWe are recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Software Engineer with a web development background in an e-commerce environment. You will be based at our Headquarters at the Cambridge Science Park. Please note, in January 2019 our HQ is moving to brand new facilities at the Biomedical Campus, South of Cambridge.
About Engineering at AbcamWe are a team of enthusiastic software development professionals, working to develop software solutions for a market leading bioscience company.
Our technical architecture includes cloud-based ERP solutions alongside market differentiating bespoke applications, delivering increased value to every area of Abcam’s business. Our bespoke applications are predominantly written in C# MVC and ColdFusion with an MS SQL backend.
We value every team member’s opinion, and responsibility for solution design and implementation is given at an early stage.
We are a very social, multinational and passionate group who works together and succeeds as a team.
Roles & responsibilities:You will work alongside other software engineer teams and QAs to
- Build back-end web components, custom services and integrations, where your contributions will have an impact – not only on your career but on global medical and biological research.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum including user story estimation, task creation and drive to complete tasks within the sprint.
- Work closely with business analysts and product owners to fully understand the requirements.
- Gain an understanding of business processes across areas of the company and apply that knowledge to technical problems as they arise.
About youYou will have a passion for software development and willingness to tackle a broad array of challenges. You will have excellent problem solving and analytical skills and a desire to solve complex technical challenges. You will need to be an excellent communicator and team player with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Experience in building web applications
- Strong coding skills in C#
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP) and layered application architecture
- Practical experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD)
- Acceptable aiming skills with NERF guns and ping pong balls
We are a fast paced and rapidly growing business, with the vision to become the most influential and best-loved brand in life sciences.
If you’re looking to be challenged technically and to work in a supportive, collaborative environment, please apply no