About the role:We are seeking a Senior Scientist to lead the production of an exciting immunoassay product line at Abcam, a leading life science company, in our Cambridge, US office. This position will work within a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop new research tools for use by life scientists worldwide.
The Senior Scientist will be responsible for the production and quality management of the new FirePlex-HT product line. The FirePlex-HT kits are a high-throughput multiplex immunoassay which utilize the FirePlex particle technology. The candidate will optimize, validate, and manufacture these multiplex immunoassay kits to fit the needs of our customers.
The ideal candidate will be a detailed-oriented research scientist who is quality focused, has experience operating under standardized processes and understands the principles required for immunoassay development.
- Production of high-quality multiplex immunoassay kits with associated documentation
- Support tech transfer evaluation of projects from the new product development team to the production team
- Independently design, plan and conduct experiments to support process improvements
- Manage and perform Quality Control analysis of all FirePlex-HT kit components
- Analyze and critically evaluate experimental results with an attention to detail
- Maintain good laboratory records and presentation of regular internal production reports
- Communicate with the team about project status, lead-times, technical issues, and experimental results
- Prepare technical reports, product summaries, protocols, CoAs and SOPs
- Complete project tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- May be required to supervise junior members of staff
- May be required to perform other duties as required
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline
- 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience with 1+ year of experience in an industry setting
- Process driven and a keen eye for continuous improvement
- Hands on experience with development and optimization of antibodies in single/multiplex immunoassays
- Hands on experience with biochemistry and molecular biology techniques, such as ELISA, flow cytometry, and protein conjugations are strongly desired
- Experience with automation platforms
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative data analysis
- Familiarity with LIMS systems
- Must demonstrate strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-orientated, and able to multi-task
- Must have excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
About you:You will have a PhD in Chemistry, or something closely-related and you will have moved your career to industry. Just as important, you are naturally process-driven and have experience developing and optimizing antibodies for singleplex and multiplex immunoassays. You will bring a great attitude and an agile approach to problem-solving to your work and you will excel as part of a team.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.