Senior Scientific Writer
About the role
As a Senior Scientific Writer at Abcam, you will be passionate about communicating scientific topics to life science academic researchers and industry professionals.
You will provide audiences with persuasive and creative content to educate and tell stories that highlight expertise and innovation, while continually ensuring scientific accuracy and credibility.
You will be experienced in producing content across a range of platforms, including websites or blogs, email, social media, and external platforms. Exceptional written communication skills are therefore essential, along with a flair for storytelling.
You will have experience reviewing work produced by others, confidently identifying and communicating the strengths and weaknesses of any new content. You will guide, direct and edit work produced by other writers, managing their development as well as providing feedback that inspires.
Roles and responsibilities
- Maintain awareness of industry advancements and trends and leverage this information to develop content themes and topics
- Unearth stories from inside the organisation to create thought-leadership pieces that highlight our expertise
- Combine inputs such as prioritised company messaging and SEO keyword analysis to develop content plans for campaigns and other projects
- Analyse and report on content performance, using information to improve future work, develop trials to test content types, messaging and style with customers
- Develop and test campaign messaging in collaboration with other members of the Content team and wider Marketing team
- Provide guidance to more junior writers, editing work and providing insightful and inspiring feedback
You are a keen and experienced writer who enjoys producing persuasive content for a technical audience. You should have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and the journalistic flair to seek multiple viewpoints to create coherent and persuasive stories.
Extensive experience writing for a variety of academic and industry audiences within life sciences is essential. As is experience in writing and editing digital content such as articles, blogs, emails and technical content. You must have proven ability to ensure that content produced by yourself or others is accurate, concise, engaging and in line with style and brand guidelines. The ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
You should be someone who takes initiative and is results oriented. You will need good analytical ability and experience of using tools such as Google
Analytics to monitor performance. A working knowledge of search engine optimisation is also essential.
A life sciences background or proven scientific or technical literacy is required, a PhD in a life science subject would be desirable.