Senior Research Associate (Antibody Purification)
About the role
he Antibody Production Technician is responsible for rabbit monoclonal antibody (RabMab) new and replenishment productions.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Daily work of antibody transfection production and corresponding plasmids preparation
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Prepare and assemble materials.
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Assist researcher in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new production methods, processes, or procedures.
- Plan and lay out work to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Prepare production documents, such as standard operating procedures, manufacturing batch records, inventory reports, or productivity reports.
- Internal and external communication.
- Perform additional duties and/or other projects as required or assigned.
- Biological sciences with 3 years academic, biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience required
- At least two years of experience in manufacturing being good at antibody or protein expression
- Prior experience in antibody or protein purification and molecular cloning is a plus.
- Ability to rigorous logical thinking.
- Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently
- Must be a highly responsible individual able to execute multiple efforts with high fidelity
- Ability to effectively manage and interpret data required
- Must be highly attentive to detail and well organized
- Skillful communication with colleagues
- Good English reading and writing skills
- Positive attitude, solid work ethic and self-motivated individual desired
- Strong willingness to contribute to bio-industry and help scientists discover more
- Minimal Bachelor degree in life sciences required. M.S Preferred.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.