Senior Research Associate (3-month contract)
Senior Research Associate
About the role
We are seeking highly talented, passionate and goal driven professionals to join our team. Our group focuses on technology driven projects to improve recombinant antibody development and produce best quality affinity reagents.
The successful candidate in this role will assist with research and development activities related to phage display antibody discovery. The candidate will be expected to execute experiments, make observations, analyze data, and interpret results.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Execute experiments independently using standard operating procedure.
- Contribute to assay design and execution with minimal supervision.
- Recognize and anticipate potential problems, understand and troubleshoot assays.
- Help analyze and interpret data and report recommendations based on tested experimental results.
- Assess information to ensure data quality and completeness of results.
- Help write experimental reports, summaries and protocols for supervisors and other team members as appropriate.
- Able to communicate results to supervisor and peers.
- Work to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success of project.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- A college graduate of biology, or related field, with 4+ years relevant experience (BS/BA), or a MS level graduate with 2+ years relevant experience
- Good knowledge of standard molecular biology/nucleic acid and protein-based protocols.
- Solid understanding of scientific principles.
- Sound laboratory skills required.
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to implement protocols and keep good notes in a lab notebook.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.