Technical Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
About the role
Abcam has acquired disruptive technologies and is expanding its portfolio of assay kits to address unmet needs in the pharma drug development and screening space. We are seeking energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team and get the message out to customers. The successful candidate will actively manage new technical product development and custom assay development projects for Abcam’s fast-growing multiplex products, reporting to the Head of Product Management MPA (Multiplex Assays). The candidate will also serve as the new product development manager for multiplex assays, building Abcam’s position in the market through the strategic additions of new products, based on competitor insights and VOC feedback. This candidate will be the internal advocate for multiplex customers.
Abcam is the industry leader in primary antibodies, and the best antibodies make the best assays. Help us scale this business and continue its growth as part of a smart, hardworking, congenial team.
ResponsibilitiesThe Technical Product Manager will:
• Propose new products for multiplex miRNA assays and immunoassays, based upon evaluation of competitor product portfolios and market needs.
• Engage in customer advocacy for developing new products or improving existing products. This requires understanding their needs and enabling solutions.
• Support our regional offices in the US, Europe, Hong Kong, Japan and China and distributors worldwide through MPA product expertise, problem resolution and training on products and customer applications.
• Work closely with custom assay development scientists, sales teams, and customers in project management of custom assay projects for multiplex assays. This will include initial project scoping and technical feasibility assessment, management of project timelines and milestone achievement, and report delivery to customers.
You will be a tenacious, enthusiastic and motivated individual, who will be fully committed to strengthening Abcam’s position in the life sciences market.
Essential• M.S. in the Life Sciences with at least 5 years experience with life science assay or product development
• 3 years experience with protein, RNA or DNA arrays, microarrays, or multiplex assays
• 3 years experience with product management in a biotechnology company selling into the life science market.
• Strong communication skills, capable of building effecting working relationships throughout the Abcam organization
• Data driven, highly organized and proactive
• Able to work in Boston, US
• Ability to travel abroad to attend key events such as conferences, meetings with key customers, and sales training.
Desirable• PhD in biology or related field
• Previous experience managing multiplex or screening assays
• Expertise with Luminex or MSD multiplex systems
• Experience managing and/or selling multiplex assays or products for the toxicology market.
• Proven experience with indirect management in a matrix environment
• Ability to work in Boston, US without special visa requirements if necessary.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.