Senior IT Project Manager
About the RoleWe're looking for an exceptional Senior Project Manager to drive the technology driven change agenda during a journey of multi-year investment in our IT systems.
The Senior Project Manager will support the IT Business Partner and business leaders and will be accountable for the delivery of varied and complex projects.
A key part of this role is to work closely with Abcam stakeholders, Business Analysts and Architects as well as other IT and 3rd party teams to drive forward projects to successful conclusions.
Furthermore, as a Senior Project Manager, duties such as project resource management, project administration and budget/cost management are also required.
About the TeamWithin IT we follow both a Waterfall and Agile methodology, Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
The Senior Project Manager will be a part of the Business Systems Team whose focus is the demand management, shaping and delivery of all projects that require IT enabled change.
The Business Systems Team comprise a diverse set of skills, knowledge and experience including Business Partnering, Business Analysis and Project, Programme and Portfolio Management, together with Test Management. All of which help support the business areas and the IT function in delivering the technology roadmap and value-added services to Abcam.
Roles & Responsibilities:• Successful delivery of projects to time, cost and quality
• Scope definition and management
• Creation and management of project plans (primarily in MSP)
• Risk, issue and dependency management
• Manage blockers, resolve conflicts and support the Product Owners and Stakeholders
• Governance & Reporting (project, programme & portfolio – as appropriate)
• Project resource & cost planning, escalating issues where appropriate
• Management of the supplier selection process (with procurement - if applicable within the scope of the project)
• Management of 3rd Party suppliers and internal delivery teams within the project scope
• Support the Business Analyst(s) in their project tasks
• Change management, ensuring any changes to scope are assessed for impact and follow a clear and documented approvals process
• Liaise with Finance to ensure accurate budget management and forecasting
• Support the continuous improvement of the project management framework and methodology
• Provide expertise and mentoring in project management to the team and wider organisation
About YouYou will have worked with multiple project disciplines and methodologies, and within a business with both a web application development and SaaS software implementation focus.
You will have more than 5 significant experience as a Senior Project Manager and hold a recognised Project Management certification such as PRINCE2/PMP (or have attended a formalised Project Management course) and will have advanced Microsoft Project Skills.
We have multiple PM vacancies and have roles across Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Customer Experience, IT Infrastructure and InfoSec. Experience in one or more of these areas is essential. If your experience is in CX then experience in the Retail sector is highly desirable.
Experience within the Life Sciences industry would be ideal but is not essential.
You will be experienced in the full project management lifecycle, including shaping the project brief. You will also have managed 3rd parties and, ideally, have experience of supporting supplier selection.
Risk and dependency management will be a strength, together with excellent stakeholder management across SMEs through to Board level.
You will excel at leading group discussions, governance forums and workshops. You will be comfortable escalating where appropriate and be confident to influence and engage stakeholders to reach common goals.
Prioritisation and time management must be a strong point, as must multi-tasking, as you could be working on multiple projects simultaneously.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced environment and must be comfortable with hitting the ground running.
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion!