Senior Finance Business Partner, Commercial
About the roleWe are looking for a proactive and commercial finance professional to join the FP&A Team at Abcam. You will work with our Portfolio, Business Development and Consumer Experience Directorates to manage opex performance.
About FP&A at AbcamThe FP&A department at Abcam is rapidly growing and evolving having been formed as a sister function to our core finance team during 2015. The aim of all of our FP&A colleagues is to support the various global business units, providing useful and insightful information to the senior and executives leaders to support and add value through the decision making, financial planning and budget management process.
Roles & Responsibilities:- Performance management of opex for Portfolio and Business Development and Consumer Experience Directorates, ensuring an understanding of commercial impact of spend.
- Planning for Portfolio and Business Development and Consumer Experience Directorates through Budget, Rolling Forecast and 5 year strategic plan
- Lead and management of Global Sales commissions for various sales teams, include target setting with Sales leads, authorising payments and ensuring an optimal scheme design
- Evaluation of new commercial projects/ growth opportunities/investments (short term tactical or long term strategic) including financial analysis and strategic alignment through business case modelling and idea evaluation techniques
- Provide senior Commercial Management with value added analysis and scenario planning in order to support both operational and strategic decision making
- Management of resourcing models for frontline teams to ensure resources are planned and managed effectively
- Management of Finance Assistant, including setting objectives, coaching and developing and managing performance
About you:You will be a competent and dynamic individual with strong technical accounting ability as well as project experience. You will be commercially focused with the ability to see the bigger picture coupled with advanced analytical and scenario planning skills. You will have excellent financial modelling skills using Excel and experience of reporting month end / project spend including variance analysis. In addition our ideally candidate will hold an uundergraduate degree 2:1 or above (or equivalent) along with a Professional qualification e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA or MBA.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate to CFO level as well as ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial managers. Experience working in life sciences would be advantageous but not essential. If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.