Senior Finance Analyst – Inventory and Costing US Entities
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cost and Inventory Analyst to join a fast-paced and dynamic team.
Reporting to the Cost and Inventory Manager this role plays a pivotal part in shaping how Abcam Plc improves its inventory valuation and gross margin analysis as it transitions to new systems.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in cost accounting preferably in a life science or manufacturing environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Responsible for all Manufacturing and Custom Service Costing activities across Abcam sites in the US.
• Manage and run the monthly period close process for Inventory, COGS and Direct and Indirect Expenses.
• Prepare Inventory Reconciliations for Saleable product, WIP & Raw Materials.
• Partner with Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Logistics to ensure that valuation of stock is accurate.
• Partner with Manufacturing and Logistics the Cycle Counts Controls.
• Partner with the Tax Department the R&D claim.
• Costing modelling for New Products.
• Assist and prepare the quarterly forecast and annual budget.
• Oversee in-transit inventory
Reporting and Analysis:
• Responsible for reporting Inventory & Provisions movements.
• Responsible for reporting and analysing Stock adjustments and Write offs.
• Assist with External and Internal Audits.
• Assist with Interim and Year-End Financial Reporting activities.
• Work with cross-functional teams for process improvements.
• Must demonstrate strong analytical skills, detail oriented and meticulous.
• Ability to work as a team or independently.
• Position might require to travel.
• Experience in SAP, Oracle or similar ERP System.
• Bachelor's Level Degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance.
• Advanced MS Excel experience is required.
• Experience supporting a manufacturing facility.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.