Senior Consumer Insights Analyst
About the roleThe Senior Consumer Insights Analyst analyses, models and transforms complex consumer and sales data into insights. This position reports directly into the Vice President of Consumer Insights & Analytics has one direct report. There will be opportunities to grow and develop this role.
About Consumer Insight & Analytics at AbcamThe goal of the Consumer Insight and Analytics team is to catalyse growth across Abcam by helping the organization to transform consumer data into products and initiatives that help life scientists achieve their mission, faster.
We are a team of market research, market intelligence, data analyst and data scientist specialists who enjoy working together and in our specialist areas to solve novel and knotty questions for the organisation. We are a growing team with lots of opportunities to influence the business and extend and utilize your skills across a wide range of areas.
Roles & responsibilities• Agree and manage a plan for consumer behavioural and segmentation data analysis and modelling to support the organisation’s decision making
• Data mining and statistical analysis to identify potential revenue opportunities
• Develop and implement measures of consumer value to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks for the organisation and to support and challenge decision making
• Develop and implement models to direct and refine targeting to achieve commercial objectives
• Serve and deliver actionable insights to sales agents to help optimize the way they manage their business
• Ensure that appropriate outputs and recommendations are communicated effectively to key stakeholders across the business and enable the organisation to derive maximum benefit from this data and analysis
• Internal expert on the organisation’s data, segmentation, analysis and modelling to ensure the most appropriate and effective methods are used
• Review and combine outputs and insights from different sources, conferring with colleagues, to provide joined up insight and build the bigger picture to guide business decisions
About youYou will be Degree educated ideally in Statistics or Mathematics and you will have held a data analytical role, delivering data management, customer insight and reporting solutions to large scale businesses.
You are able to perform deep, thorough analysis of complex customer data and have experience presenting complex data to stakeholders as well as mentoring other analysts. You have some experience with SQL and advanced Excel skills and ideally some experience with Tableau and Python or R.
You are an analytical thinker, methodical and inquisitive with a keen eye for details. Achieving goals and delivering results motivate you and you are adaptable and quick to learn.
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.