Senior Business Development Manager
About the role
This key role will be responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships within Abcam accounts, with a focus on assessing and negotiating commercial licensing opportunities for custom products and services.
About the Business Development Team
The Business Development team builds external partnerships that deliver on Abcam’s strategic goals and objectives. These partnerships utilize our broad capabilities to position Abcam as the partner of choice and the global leader in affinity reagents from discovery through to the clinic.
Working across the organization, we aim to position the full scope of Abcam’s innovative technology platforms and expertise to deliver strategic commercial partnerships within the Commercial research, Pharmaceutical, and Diagnostics industry segments. Most importantly, we are working together with these partners to take their discoveries beyond research and into development of products that will help patients across the globe.
You are innovative and excel at building new partnerships. You have a fundamental understanding of drug discovery and development. You are a strong communicator and looking forward to a role where you can be at the forefront of building Abcam’s strategic business.
- Conduct opportunity identification, assessment, financial modeling and contract negotiation of partnership, out-licensing, service and co-development agreements.
- In collaboration with the commercial teams, support the management of a portfolio of strategic partners, and lead ideation for new partnership opportunities based on Abcam’s capabilities.
- Delivery of pitch decks and run the process of external engagement for out-licensing opportunities and partnerships for custom antibody solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences discipline, advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ business development and licensing experience. Must have prior experience structuring, drafting and negotiating licensing, master service, and partnership agreements.
- Previous experience developing strategic relationships with pharmaceutical and biotechnology accounts, ideally partnering with biomarker development groups.
- Fundamental understanding of drug discovery and development processes.
- Strong presentation skills and comfort with C-level executive audiences.