Scientist I - In-House Manufacturing
About the roleAs a Scientist I at Abcam you will be responsible for supporting the In-house Manufacturing Team and contributing to the rigorous production and testing of antibodies, kits and reagents, ensuring that Abcam’s customers receive high-quality products. This role is office based and will be working closely with quality control Scientists and Technicians and is offered on a permanent basis. The candidate will ideally start as soon as possible.
About the In-house Manufacturing Team at AbcamThe In-house Manufacturing Team works closely with other teams across the business to deliver high quality publishable data. Relevant skills include a deep understanding of the biological sciences, an eye for detail and excellent written and verbal communication.
- Take responsibility for the planning, running and data review of laboratory experiments (Western Blot, ICC/IF, IHC, ELISA, Dot Blot, FLOW), to support the final QC analysis of new and core products, and externally-supplied antibodies.
- Support the workflow of Western Blot (WB), Imaging and Flow Cytometry, as required, to ensure that reagents with the highest priority are progressed as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
- Take responsibility for the updating of tracking systems and datasheets and ensure any changes are documented and follow standard operating procedures.
- Support any process development, optimisation of products and troubleshooting.
- Ensure that Abcam’s customers receive high-quality products and good service.
- Ensure compliance with Quality policies, SOPs and Health and Safety procedures.
- Have a degree in Life Sciences
- Have at least three years’ experience of the practical and theoretical aspects of some/all of the following techniques: antibody characterisation, Western Blot, Flow Cytometry, ICC/IF and IHC
- Have in-depth knowledge of protein and cell biology
- Be confident in using MS-Office applications.
- Be an enthusiastic team-player, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work independently when required.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure, working to tight deadlines.
- Have the ability to demonstrate good troubleshooting skills
- A lab-based PhD involving the practical aspects mentioned is desirable but not essential
- Experience in working within an industrial environment
- Experience in working to ISO 9001 standards
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.