About the role
The successful candidate will play a vital, hands-on role in Abcam’s use of a wide variety of molecular biology, cell biology, genomics and proteomics techniques in support of multiple research and development projects. The Scientist will be expected to be an expert in cell sciences and provide supervision and mentorship, make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results and make recommendations to leadership teams.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Apply and master several techniques in Cell Biology (cell/tissue cultures)
- Expertise in isolation and treatment of mammalian and primary cell lines including PBMCs, dendritic cells and splenocytes
- Experience in the generation and validation of mammalian cell lysate
- Contribute significantly to Microscopy (Immunofluorescence and/or High Content Imaging) and/or Flow cytometry experiments
- Perform advanced/complex experimental troubleshooting
- Critically analyze and interpret complex data, and effectively document and communicate results to a variety of audiences
- Contribute effectively to the projects in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Provide strong scientific and technical leadership, utilizing extensive technical expertise in new technology/techniques to support antibody discovery and validation
- Strong communication and ability to work effectively with colleagues from cross-functional disciplines (Custom solutions, Research and Development, Technology Development and New Product Development)
- Ph.D. in Cellular, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or any related field and 5 years of experience in an industry setting
- Ability to achieve goals within an allotted timeframe, and deliver high quality results
- Strong analytical capabilities and scientific critical judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.