Scientist - Antibody
About the role:
The Cell Science Team, part of the Antibody Validation and Characterisation Group, plays multiple roles from production of recombinant antibody to delivering the essential material for novel antibody validation.
Currently we are looking to recruit a highly motivated Scientist with experience in antibody engineering and discovery, recombinant antibody expression in mammalian cells and antibody purification to perform and supervise the recombinant antibodies production pipeline.
Our group works in Cambridge (UK) on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus. This role is a permanent position.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform antibody sequence analysis and antibody discovery
- Perform the recombinant antibody production process including expression and purification
- Optimise antibody expression and purification
- Implement automation of the processes
- Actively seek to explore newly emerging technologies to improve antibody expression and purification
- Support existing Cell Science team in various projects, as required
- Contribute to projects and initiatives as required within the Antibody Validation and Characterization group and effectively communicate with various stakeholders on the projects
- Help establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping. Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs)
- Help establish a safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory, ensure the safety of colleagues & visitors and comply with Health and Safety (H&S) policies
- PhD in a Life Sciences field or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in recombinant antibody expression and purification
- Bioinformatics skills (protein and antibody sequence analysis)
- Experience in a broad range of molecular biology techniques /assays including recombinant DNA technology
- Experience in process optimisation, troubleshooting and critical data analysis
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise, ability to work across multiple projects and work to deadlines
- Be a team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the Cell Science team and other teams within the company
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently within dynamic teams
- Eagerness of self-developing by reading the scientific literature and staying updated in recent developments of relevant topics
- Experience in protein overexpression and gene silencing for cell engineering
- Familiarity with various mammalian cell lines and mammalian cell cultures
- Experience of working within the Life Science Industry
- Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs and Risk Assessments
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.