Scientific Support Specialist
About the role
As part of our Scientific Support team, this role is responsible for providing daily technical support to our customers in Japan via email and telephone. This also involves liaising with production labs about the products, updating product datasheets and reviewing customer data. In addition there is also departmental and inter-departmental projects, sharing your expertise with your team and the rest of the organization.
About Scientific Support at Abcam: Made up of experienced and highly qualified Biologists, Microbiologists and Life Scientists, the Scientific Support team makes up part of Abcam’s Commercial Operations alongside Customer Services, Marketing, and Business Development.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Answering customers’ inquiries via email and phone
- Troubleshooting problems with antibody-related applications and antibody-based products (Western blot (WB), immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunoassay kits, etc.)
- Resolving complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with commercial needs
- Improve our customers’ work in the lab and increase sales by cross-selling where appropriate
- Liaise with product suppliers to obtain product information when necessary.
- Update product datasheets when new information becomes available.
- Review customer feedback in the form of online submitted Abreviews before publication.
- Some travel to conferences and customer visits
- MSc with 0+ years post-MSc experience or Ph.D. with 0+ years of post-PhD experience. Ph.D. with more than three years of post-doc experience is preferred
- Has much experience in at least two of following antibody-related applications (WB, IHC, ICC, FACS, ELISA, IP, ChIP) and one of two is either WB or IHC
- Experience with biochemical compounds, assay kits, DNA/RNA is a plus
- Possesses native-level oral and written Japanese communication skills
- Has excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
- Enjoys troubleshooting and solving problems under a deadline
- Pays strong attention to detail
- Is friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic
- Has the ability to handle customer inquiries flexibly and effectively
- Works well with other people as a team, as well as independently
- PC skills: strong commands of Excel, Word, and Outlook
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
- Office located in Chuo-ku, Tokyo
- Office hours: 0900-1730