Scientific Support Specialist
About the roleAs part of our Scientific Support team, this role is responsible for providing daily technical support to our customers in Japan via email and telephone. This also involves liaising with production labs about the products, updating product datasheets and reviewing customer data. In addition, there is also departmental and inter-departmental projects, sharing your expertise with your team and the rest of the organisation.
About the Scientific Support Team
Made up of experienced and highly qualified Biologists, Microbiologists and Life Scientists, the Scientific Support team makes up part of Abcam’s Commercial Operations alongside Customer Services, Marketing and Business Development
Roles & responsibilities
- Answering customers’ enquiries via email and phone
- Troubleshooting problems with antibody-related applications and antibody based products (Western blot, IHC, immunoassay kits, etc.)
- Resolving complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with commercial needs
- Improve our customers’ work in the lab and increase sales by cross-selling where appropriate
- Liaise with product suppliers to obtain product information when necessary.
- Update product datasheets when new information becomes available.
- Review customer feedback in the form of online submitted Abreviews before publication.
- Some travel to conferences and customer visits
- BSc in Life Science with 1+ years post BSc experience, MSc with 0+ years post-MSc experience, PhD with 0+ years post-PhD experience, experience in at least two antibody related applications including western blot or immunohistochemistry
- Additional experience in the following applications desirable: IHC, ICC, ELISA, FACS, IP, ChIP
- Experience with biochemical compounds, assay kits, DNA/RNA is a plus
- Possesses native-level oral and written Japanese communication skills
- Has excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
- Enjoys troubleshooting and solving problems under a deadline
- Pays strong attention to detail
- Is friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic
- Has ability to handle customer enquiries flexibly and effectively
- Works well with other people as a team, as well as independently
- PC skills: strong commands of Excel, Word and Outlook
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.