Scientific Support Specialist
About the role
The scientific support scientist will be responsible for post-sale technical support for Abcam products to improve customer satisfaction and for support of marketing team and distributors to achieve sale targets. Abcam products include primary antibodies, secondary antibodies, ELISA assays, agonists/antagonists, proteins/peptides, cellular and protein functional assays, epigenetic reagents, etc.
About Scientific Support Department at Abcam
Scientific support team is the key function in Abcam, an important touchpoint in customer experience cycle. The team utilizes excellent scientific knowledge, sophisticated experience in products and application to serve customers, as well as providing fast response, to help them meet their mission faster.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Address professionally pre-sale inquiries to help customer select appropriate products and recommend related products.
- Help customers for post-sale troubleshooting of their experiments involving our products.
- Handling product complaints by effective communication with customers and distributors.
- Introduce tech knowledge together with product information to customers by customer visits, onsite seminars and demo experiments.
- Provide tech trainings for sales team and distributors so that they can understand better the features of products and how customers may use them, in the context of product solutions together with related products for specific applications.
- Support marketing team and other groups with professional product knowledge and direct feedbacks from customers.
- Other supporting roles including professional translations of marketing materials, product information for import procedures, etc.
- Rigorous academic trainings in protein biology and >=5 years’ hands-on experiences in antibody related applications.
- Able to do trouble shooting for customers at levels of PhD or above in some of the following laboratory techniques: IHC, western blot, ChIP, ELISA, IF/ICC, flow cytometry, etc. (at least 3 fields)
- Excellent reading and writing in English with good oral English
- Strong capability for presentation and efficient transfer of information and knowledge to others.
- Ability to learn new techniques and products quickly.
- Skillful communication with customers and colleagues.
- Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently.
- Willing to travel as needed
- Minimal master degree in life sciences required. PhD or Postdoc Preferred. Education abroad a plus.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.