Scientific Support Specialist
About the role
The scientific support scientist will be responsible for pre-sale and post-sale technical support for Abcam products specifically Taiwan markets to improve customer satisfaction and for support of marketing team and distributors to achieve sale targets. Abcam products include primary antibodies, secondary antibodies, ELISA assays, agonists/antagonists, proteins/peptides, cellular and protein functional assays, epigenetic reagents, etc.
Scientific Support team at Abcam
We are scientists from a wide range of research backgrounds, experienced in protein detection. We are to help scientists with any technical question regarding our products.
Roles & responsibilities:
· Assisting customers with technical questions, primarily by telephone and email.
· Updating technical information on Abcam’s datasheets.
· Reviewing product feedback from customers for publication on Abcam’s website.
· Supporting Abcam’s core research focus areas by suggesting new targets for antibodies, speaking with scientists in the field, and helping to organize marketing materials and meetings.
· Providing scientific training and presentations to other departments and outside labs.
· Occasional overseas travel to represent Abcam at conferences and events.
· Support the team and company objectives. You are required to report to Scientific Support Manager.
· Native Mandarin and capabilities in typing traditional Chinese is a must.
· Minimum of a MPhil degree in biological-science field, and PhD is preferable.
· Minimum of one year of routine laboratory experience in Western blot and IHC. Additional experience in any of the following applications desirable: ELISA, FACS, IP or CHIP
· Background in Epigenetics and NGS a plus
· Excellent oral and written communication skills (Fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin; required to handle phone enquiries from native speakers)
· This individual should pay strong attention to detail, be friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic, enjoy speaking with a variety of people each day, work well with other people as a team, and enjoy solving problems under a deadline
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!