Scientific Support Specialist
About the role
Scientific Support team at Abcam
We are scientists from a wide range of research backgrounds, experienced in protein detection. We are to help scientists with any technical question regarding our products.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Assisting customers with technical questions, primarily by telephone and email.
- Updating technical information on Abcam’s datasheets.
- Reviewing product feedback from customers for publication on Abcam’s website.
- Supporting Abcam’s core research focus areas by suggesting new targets for antibodies, speaking with scientists in the field, and helping to organize marketing materials and meetings.
- Providing scientific training and presentations to other departments and outside labs.
- Occasional opportunities for travel to conferences and trade shows.
- Minimum of a MPhil degree in biological-science field, and PhD is preferable.
- Minimum of one year of routine laboratory experience in Western blot and IHC. Additional experience in any of the following applications desirable: ELISA, FACS, IP or CHIP
- Background in Epigenetics and NGS a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Fluent in English and Mandarin; required to handle phone enquiries from native speakers)
- This individual should pay strong attention to detail, be friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic, enjoy speaking with a variety of people each day, work well with other people as a team, and enjoy solving problems under a deadline
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.