Scientific Support Specialist - German speaking
About the role
As part of our Scientific Support team, you will be using your research experience to provide technical scientific support to our international customers via email and phone.
In order to help our customers to discover more faster, you will liaise with production labs about the products, update product datasheets and review customer data. You will help customers from start to finish, identifying their needs, using your initiative to offer the right solution and always offering a fantastic customer experience. You will also gain experience in a fast-paced growing business that has the vision to become the most influential and best-loved brand in life sciences.
You will mainly look after our German speaking customers and will also support our English speaking customers when required.
We will consider both full-time and part-time applicants. This opportunity will be offered on a permanent basis.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Helping customers via email and phone
- Troubleshooting problems with antibody-related applications and antibody based products (Western blot, IHC, immunoassay kits, etc.)
- Resolving complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with commercial needs
- Liaising with product suppliers to obtain product information when necessary.
- Ensure the following is completed before contacting suppliers: review internal resources and check internal notes for requested information.
- Review customer feedback in the form of online submitted Abreviews before publication
- Acting on customer feedback to improve our service
- Improve our customers’ work in the lab and increase sales by cross-selling where appropriate
- Work with customer service pair to offer product/process advice when required identifying potential training needs.
You will hold an MSc or above in a life sciences field with solid practical research laboratory experience using antibodies and related reagents on the bench. You will have experience in at least two antibody related applications including western blot or immunohistochemistry (IHC). Experience in ChIP would be an advantage.
You will be a good team player, have excellent communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken German as well as English. You will be able to explain protocols and scientific experiments clearly and logically. You will have strong attention to detail and be passionate about delivering quality scientific support service to our customers.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development