Sales Specialist Custom Solutions
About the role
Sales Specialist Custom Solutions, US will be working in our commercial team, which has a goal to help our clients make scientific breakthroughs in their research and product development using our extensive service capabilities incorporating our development technologies of Phage display, RabMab Hybridoma, B-Cell cloning & NGS
This position will be based in the US and will report into the Senior Commercial Development Manager.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical management of accounts in your territory including focusing on existing relationships and generation of new business opportunities within key geographic areas in the US.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Reports to: Senior Commercial Development Manager
- Sales Specialist Custom Solutions is accountable for the achievement of the department’s assigned targets for profitable sales revenue and achievement of the US teams’ overall objectives.
- In their position, the Sales Specialist Custom Solutions plays a key support role to key personnel including Key Account Managers and Project Managers in the successful delivery of custom solutions in Key Accounts.
- They will identify new opportunities to develop strategic business relationships focussing on accounts defined by the custom profiling criteria for potential customers.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and marketing our portfolio of service capabilities.
- Provide project updates and collect feedback from customers.
- Facilitating business/legal agreements such as CDA’s & Custom design agreements.
- Continually provide feedback and assist the organizational needs around market development and new service opportunities, customer trends, competitive activities.
- With the Senior Commercial Development Manager US input into the formulation of the annual custom business plan
- Provide input into Key Account Plans with the Key Account Manager and aid in the identification of custom opportunities at these sites.
- Work cross functionally with other departments within Abcam to allow fulfilment of the sales cycle for custom solutions and allow coordinated interfacing between Abcam and the Customer.
- Work closely with Business Development in order to ensure up front planning for where licencing out opportunities exist with customers and allow coordinated capture and management of these opportunities.
- Work closely with the Custom Project Managers for the fulfilment of Projects.
- Work closely during appropriate portions of the sales cycle with the Custom Solutions production team to ensure fit for purpose propositions to customers.
- Input into and if required participate in Custom review meetings and Pipeline review meetings.
- Be responsible for the writing of customer proposals including quotations in conjunction with the Custom Solutions production team and Project Management team.
- Domestic travel of up to 50%.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Biology or related fields
- More than five years of experience in solution science-based selling in the Life Science market
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level, decision making level
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Technical experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution
- Many opportunities exist for development within the commercial organization
- Experience in immunology and Immunohistochemistry
- Experience selling service solutions
- Experience in selling solutions and services
- Project Management (some knowledge
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Abcam, is a leading bioscience company specializing in the production and sale of antibodies and related products to scientific research organizations with offices in Cambridge and Bristol, UK; Cambridge, MA; Eugene, OR; San Francisco, CA; Tokyo, Japan and Hangzhou and Hong Kong, China.
As an innovator in reagents and tools, we provide the research and clinical communities with tools and scientific support. We offer highly validated biological binders and assays to address important targets in critical biological pathways.
Already a pioneer in data sharing and ecommerce in the life sciences, our ambition is to be the most influential company in life sciences by helping advance global understanding of biology and causes of disease, which, in turn, will drive new treatments and improved health.
While we’ve evolved over the years to become a leading provider of life science research tools, our ethos remains the same as it was in 1998: helping scientists make breakthroughs faster by providing the highest quality reagents.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.