Research Associate – New Product Development
About the role:We are seeking a Research Associate for a new product development (NPD) opportunity at Abcam, a leading life science company, in our Cambridge, MA office. This position will work within an exciting multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop new research tools for use by life scientists worldwide.
The Research Associate will be responsible for developing multiplex immunoassays utilizing the FirePlex particle technology. The candidate will optimize and validate multiplex immunoassay kits that fit the needs of our customers.
Essential Responsibilities:• Develop high-quality multiplex immunoassay kits with associated documentation
• Set up experiments in accordance with standard operating procedures
• Analyze and critically evaluate experimental results with an attention to detail
• Maintain good laboratory records and presentation of regular internal NPD reports
• Communicate experimental results effectively to the team
• Complete project tasks in a timely and efficient manner
• Manage and order NPD consumable stocks
• May be required to perform other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications:• B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline
• 2 years of relevant laboratory experience
Desired Qualifications:• M.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline
• Hands on experience with development and optimization of antibodies in single/multiplex immunoassays
• 1+ year of experience in an industry setting
• Process driven and a keen eye for continuous improvement
• Hands- on experience with biochemistry and molecular biology techniques, such as ELISA, flow cytometry, protein conjugations, and PCR are strongly desired
• Experience with automation platforms
• Demonstrated experience with quantitative data analysis
• Familiarity with protein and nucleic acid detection methods and principles
• Familiarity with LIMS systems
• Must demonstrate strong communication and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-orientated, and able to multi-task
• Must have excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
About youYou will be an experienced research scientist that performs well-designed experiments and has a passion for developing technologies to enhance life science research. You will have a Bachelor’ s or Master’s in chemistry or biochem and a solid background with a variety of lab techniques and processes. You will have direct experience in developing and optimizing antibodies, particularly multiplex immunoassays. You will thrive in a varied and fast-paced work environment and you possess outstanding communication and organizational skills.
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.