Researcher (Recombinant Protein Development)
About the role
The recombinant Protein Development Researcher is responsible for optimize the E.coli and HEK293 expression system to express proteins. Develop and execute the evaluation of protein bioactivity. Responsibilities of the position include expression of proteins in mammalian and bacterial systems and purification of these proteins. Functional assays establishment, validation, optimization and routine maintenance of cell culture for characterizing the bioactivity of purified proteins are also required
Roles & responsibilities:
- Immunogen designing based on database and target info.
- Study on target info based on published papers, datasheet of commercial available bioactive protein and Swiss-prot, etc.
- Establish protein bioactivity assay scheme
- Express required proteins in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell systems
- Develop methods for determination of protein quality and characterize proteins
- Characterize protein bioactivity using ELISA, cell –based assays, etc.
- Experimental confirmation of the protein bioactivity evaluation scheme and corresponding stability and optimization.
- Train and guide staff to conduct cell culture and protein functional assays as required.
- Perform additional duties and/or other projects as required or assigned
- Biological sciences with 5 years academic, biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience required
- Ability to rigorous logical thinking.
- Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently
- Must be a highly responsible individual able to execute multiple efforts with high fidelity
- Skillful communication with colleagues and teamwork guidance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Must be highly attentive to detail and well organized
- Excellent reading and writing in English with good oral English
- Positive attitude, solid work ethic and self-motivated individual desired
- Strong willingness to contribute to bio-industry and help scientists discover more
- Minimal PhD in life sciences required. Postdoc Preferred. Education abroad a plus
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!