Researcher (Antibody Recombinant, Production and Purification)
About the role
The researcher is responsible for the development of rabbit monoclonal antibody (RabMab) products, leading production and expression process and technology optimization with the goal of providing consistent, high quality RabMab products to our customers
Roles & responsibilities:
- Experimental and technical support on recombinant antibody development, antibody transfection expression and purification.
- Leadership of an efficient and productive Scientific group by working with other scientists and team members.
- Championing innovative ideas and facilitating the development and implementation of technologies to improve efficiency and decrease cycle times of molecular biology, antibody expression and purification workflows.
- Working both independently and in cross-functional teams.
- Evaluation and oversight of molecular biology and antibody manufacturing external partnering opportunities.
- Monitor and adjust manufacturing processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Prepare and assemble materials for antibody manufacturing especially for the ones used for technology improvements.
- Set up and operate manufacturing equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Write and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and make Batch Records (BR) as needed.
- Prepare other documentations of manufacturing and product outputs.
- Compiling data to support/contribute to technical reports.
- Develop, build, or test prototypes or new production methods, processes, or procedures for RabMab products with higher antibody quality and stability.
- Scaled-up and high throughput antibody production technology development and implementation
- Develop an expanding technical and theoretical knowledge base on antibody expression technology with a growing understanding of the scientific literature in relevant areas of research
- Coordinate upstream/ downstream and other cross-functional communications to support high quality antibody development, production and purification.
- Facilitate planning, goal-setting, and tracking of agreed projects and actions.
- Proactive independent problem-solving for complex technical problems and decision-making within scope of role
- Train and guide staff to conduct technologies newly developed and optimized process on antibody production as required.
- Perform additional duties and/or other projects as required or assigned.
- Biological sciences with 3 years academic, biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in molecular cloning and antibody or protein expression & purification
- Rich experience with cell culture, transient transfection, stable cell line expression. Molecular biology background a plus
- Scaled-up protein or antibody expression experience
- Experience with GMP quality systems and manufacturing operations will be preferable
- Hands-on involvement and trouble shooting ability required
- Ability to rigorous logical thinking
- Ability to compile production data and do data analysis and management
- Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently
- Must be a highly responsible individual able to execute multiple efforts with high fidelity
- Skillful communication with colleagues and work well in team environment
- Ability to effectively manage and interpret data required
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must be highly attentive to detail and well organized
- Excellent reading and writing in English with good oral English
- Positive attitude, solid work ethic and self-motivated individual desired
- Strong willingness to contribute to bio-industry and help scientists discover more
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment; be willing to accept responsibilities outside of the initial job description
- Minimal master degree in life sciences required. PhD or PostDoc Preferred. Education abroad a plus.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.