Research Team Lead
About the roleThis is a key role in within the global Research team, responsible for managing the operational delivery of the Cambridge Technology team, under the strategic direction of the Director of Antibody Research.
This role brings expertise and judgement, taking the Antibody Research strategy and turning this into plans and priorities for their team, addressing resource and operational challenges.
This role is part of the Cambridge Lab Management Team
Job Responsibilities:• Management of the Cambridge Research Team: taking the strategy developed by the Director of Antibody Research & broader leadership team, turning into plans, priorities and individual goals for the Cambridge team
• Design and implementation of projects to deliver this strategy
• Inspire and manage a team of scientist and technicians in Cambridge: creating a high-performance team and culture
• Identify opportunities to collaborate with global R&D resources to progress research projects
• Collaborate with Cambridge New Product Development leads to ensure smooth technology transfer from research into NPD
• Collaborate with business partners in Portfolio & Business Development and Finance to support business case development for new research projects
• Contribute to the development of policies, processes and procedures that may affect the immediate and wider team.
• Maintain a high-level knowledge of cutting edge science relevant to antibody discovery and engineering, spotting opportunities within Abcam.
Our ideal candidate will be educated to PHD level (or equivalent) in a relevant biological science subject, molecular science capabilities are essential for this role. In addition, this position would suit an individual with significant experience in managing scientific projects and teams. You will have solid line management experience, along with strong leadership skills and be a confident and clear communicator. You will also have strong project management skills with a track record of delivery.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.