Research Associate - Simple Step ELISA (6 Month Contract)
Want to move your career into industry? Want to come work for a leader in biological reagents?
Well, this is your chance.
Abcam is a leading web-based business supplying research tools to life scientists worldwide.
We are seeking a Research Associate on a 6 month contract to assist in the development of novel immunoassay products in our Eugene, OR facility. The core responsibility will be to provide support to the immunoassay development team through formulation, validation and testing of antibody pairs in standard and proprietary sandwich ELISA formats. Additional use of antibody-based laboratory techniques such as direct ELISA, Western blot, immunocytochemistry, and flow cytometry as well as the generation of biological materials for analysis may be required.
Our culture is one that empowers individuals with responsibility given at an early stage. The environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best products to our customers. In addition to competitive salaries we offer an attractive flexible benefits package that includes share options.
- Perform documented methods required for immunoassay development
- Assist in further validation of antibodies, proteins and lysates for immunoassay development
- Maintain good laboratory records
- Communicate experimental detail information both verbally and in technical reports and notes
- Perform tissue culture
- Generate cell, tissue, subcellular fractions and purified protein materials required for assay development
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of scientific equipment
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
- B.S. in Biology, immunology, or closely-related degree
- 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience in immunoassays, protein chemistry, protein separation and chromatography
- 1+ year working in industry
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Follow detailed instructions precisely
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must possess strong organization skills
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
- Display manual dexterity required to operate office and heavy lab equipment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Lab setting 70%
- Office setting 30%
- Exposure to toxic/hazardous/dangerous chemicals and biohazards