Research Associate - Protein Sciences
About the roleThe Protein Sciences team at Cambridge is currently in the build-up phase and the successful candidate will work in this new and dynamic team.
The Technician role predominantly involves protein expression in mammalian and bacterial cell systems in both medium scale and larger scale as well as purification of these proteins and protein analytics. The role will also involve molecular biology.
Job Responsibilities:In particular, the successful candidate will;
- Express proteins at milligram scale in mammalian or bacterial cell systems
- Purify proteins using FPLC systems
- Ensure proteins are of high-quality using protein analytical techniques
- Contribute to additional activities within the team, as required.
- Communicate clearly with managers and the Protein Sciences team, providing delivery dates and the necessary documentation and clearly presented lab results to support ongoing and completed work
- Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analysing and presenting experimental data within internal meetings, and participate in the drafting and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Role model working in a safe and efficient working environment in the Laboratory and ensure the safety of your colleagues and visitors, and support team adherence to all health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab; ensuring the lab is compliant with all external and internal quality standards, including ISO9001.
About youThis position would suit a hardworking, detail-orientated person who is able to function effectively in a fast-paced and sociable team environment.
You will be educated to at least degree level in a life sciences-related subject with some hands-on experience of protein production. Experience of working in a team environment is an advantage.
Expertise with protein expression, mammalian cell culture, protein purification as well as experience with protein analytical methods is highly desirable. Molecular Biology experience would be an advantage.
Abilities to apply a good scientific rationale to problems and to analyse and draw conclusions from data are important for this role.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and best-loved brand in life sciences.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.