Research Associate - IVD
About the role
Based in our Burlingame Office, this manufacturing position is a great opportunity to transition into the medical device Industry! This role will be responsible for carrying out GMP manufacturing of IVD IHC primary antibodies according to the requirements of SOP’s, batch production records, and approved protocols.
Roles & responsibilities:
- The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Develop and/or manufacture quality reagents for IVD products.
- Perform immunohistochemical (IHC) stain for development or manufacturing of IHC antibody, staining kits and ancillary reagents.
- Manufacture products according to approved procedures.
- Perform cycle counts.
- Document test procedures, organize data and maintain accurate records of work performed according to GMP, QSR and ISO13485.
- Complete and review batch production records to ensure cGMP documentation practices are followed and that information entered is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for writing and/or amending SOPs, batch production records, qualification and validation protocols, reports and other documentation.
- Responsible for validation, qualification and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Order lab supplies and consumables.
- Support laboratory activities by monitoring lab equipment and maintaining a clean working environment.
- Participate and contribute in weekly group meetings manufacturing activity planning and troubleshooting, including reporting results.
- Proactively collaborate with various functionalities to seek the best solutions for the task at hand.
- Communicate basic information both verbally and in technical reports and notes.
- Comply with all SOPs and safety standards.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- BS Degree in biological sciences
- 1-2 years of industry or academic experience in immunology, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related fields;
- Knowledge and experience in immunohistochemistry, ELISA, immunobeads based assay systems a plus;
- Previous experience in GMP environment as well as prior working knowledge of ISO13485 is desirable;
- Previous experience in quality or providing information for audits;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player, with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, meet timelines, and perform simple mathematical calculations according to procedures;
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.