Research Associate -- IVD
About the Role:
This position will contribute to the development and validation of qualified reagents and generate data to support IVD products. Protocols and associated data may include immunohistochemistry (IHC), western blots, ELISA or other immunoassays, immunofluorescence or others as required. In addition, this position will be expected to complete scientific and technical tasks on aggressive timelines and to work as part of a team on varied tasks with changing priorities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Test and validate IHC product line for IVD market under design control guidelines.
- Work with Scientists on standard data analyses and possess the ability to effectively communicate results to team, to analyze and troubleshoot technical issues relating to protocol development and quality.
- Document test procedures, organize test data and maintain detailed records following QSR and ISO13485 guidelines.
- Update standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other documents following team discussion and QSR and ISO13485 guidelines.
- Support laboratory activities by monitoring lab equipment and maintaining a clean working environment.
- Responsible for providing clear communication in both written and oral forms.
- Comply with all safety and quality standards.
- Other duties as agreed upon with manager.
You have a degree in life sciences, are passionate about lab work and have an interest in antibody development. You want to further your career in industry and enjoy a challenging, fast-paced, but supportive work environment.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
- A BS Degree in biochemistry, pathology, cell and molecular biology, immunology or other Life Sciences.
- One year of relevant industry lab experience.
- Industrial experience in immunohistochemistry, immunoassay or antibody development.
- Experience in product development, manufacturing, quality assurance (QSR and ISO 13485) or operation is highly desired.
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong problem solving capabilities.
- Able to perform mathematic calculations according to procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed according to GMP and QSR.
- Capable of high performance in independent work as well as in team setting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills is required.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.