Research Associate - Custom Antibody Development
Research Associate (Custom Antibody Development)
Department: Custom Services
Location: Burlingame, CA USA
About the role:The successful candidate will join a dedicated and productive team of like-minded biotech professionals as a member of our Hybridoma development team focused on the isolation and manufacture of custom-made antibodies for external customers. Opportunities to contribute technical assistance to other functional teams will also be provided. He/she will be hardworking, flexible, and able to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment. A willingness to work with high throughput automation and specialized equipment and to learn new techniques and methods is essential.
You will be a member of a dynamic global team of scientists located in Burlingame, CA, Branford, CT and Cambridge UK. Our team delivers tailor-made recombinant antibody solutions that are derived using RabMAb® technology, our patented antibody technology for the development of high-quality rabbit monoclonal Ab; Next Generation Sequencing or AxioMx™, our phage display platform.
About Custom Antibody Development teams at Abcam:
Essential Responsibilities:• Perform all cell culture operations related to the work of the hybridoma development group including media preparation, cell line maintenance, B-cell isolation, hybridoma generation and maintenance. Ensure laboratory environment and stocks are maintained to a high standard
• Work as part of the team to implement experimental plans
• Contribute to data analysis and interpretation of results
• Maintain through record keeping
• Ability to communicate results to supervisor and peers
• Strong organization skills, able to handle multiple tasks with help from team members
• Assist with regular assigned laboratory maintenance duties
• Troubleshoot experimental issues under minimal supervision
• Participate in and contribute to weekly group meetings on ongoing projects including reporting of results
• Comply with company’s SOPs and all safety regulations
• Other duties as may be assigned
Minimum qualifications:• B.S. Degree or equivalent in biological sciences or closely-related discipline
• 2 years of laboratory experience in immunology, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related fields
• 1 year of cell culture experience
• General understanding of scientific principles
• Detail oriented, organized, ability to implement protocols and maintain a laboratory notebook
Preferred qualifications:• M.S. Degree in biological sciences
• 1-2 year of laboratory experience including cell culture experience
• Experience with monoclonal antibody development and hybridoma maintenance
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player, with excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.