Research Associate - Contract
About the role:We are seeking a Research Associate to assist in the development of novel immunoassays in our Eugene, OR facility. The core responsibility will be to provide support to the immunoassay development team through the use of antibody-based laboratory techniques such as sandwich ELISA, Western blot, immunocytochemistry, and flow cytometry as well as the generation of biological materials for analysis.
About the Department:This role is part of a dedicated team of biotech professionals who enjoy working on the most cutting-edge technology.
Essential Responsibilities:• Perform documented methods required for immunoassay development
• Assist in further validation of antibodies, proteins and lysates for immunoassay development
• Maintain good laboratory records
• Communicate experimental detail information both verbally and in technical reports and notes
• Perform tissue culture
• Generate cell, tissue, subcellular fractions and purified protein materials required for assay development
• Comply with all safety and quality regulations
• Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of scientific equipment
• May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
About you:You have great lab skills, and are passionate about your chosen field. You have experience working with immunoassays, and have an interest in industry. You like a work environment that challenges you, but offers flexibility and encourages open communication.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:• B.S. in Biology, or closely related discipline
• One year of relevant laboratory experience
• 1+ year of experience in an industry setting
• Experience in immunoassays, protein chemistry, protein separation and chromatography strongly desired
• Must demonstrate strong communication skills
• Be able to follow detailed instructions precisely
• Maintain accurate and detailed records
• Must possess strong organization skills
• Must have excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.