Research Associate - Cell Sciences (9 month FTC)
Abcam, a rapidly
expanding bioscience organisation, are looking for a highly experienced
Research Associate - Cell Culture Specialist to join our first-class In-House
Manufacturing team for a fixed term 9 month contract. You will need to be able
to hit the ground running to conduct the resuscitation, subculture and
cryopreservation of hybridomas for the production of Abcam products.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to have an immediate and positive impact within the team and ultimately support researchers and scientists across the world to discover more faster!
- Resuscitation, subculture and cryopreservation of hybridomas for production of Abcam Products;
- Maintain master and working cell banks for each cell line;
- Assist in performing ELISA’s to determine isotype and quantify antibody yields of culture supernatants.
- Assist in maintaining processes and procedures for mycoplasma and contamination control within the cell culture facility;
- Support any process development, optimisation of products and troubleshooting.
- Work to concepts and practices of Abcam’s lab health and safety policy including the regulations governing COSHH, biological agents and genetically modified organisms.
- Ensure compliance with Quality policies and SOPs;
- Set and achieve high standards for cell culture environment. Employ and encourage effective aseptic techniques and good cell culture practices
- Assist with general housekeeping duties.
solid hands on experience of mammalian cell culture. You understand the
fundamental science behind cell culture techniques and hold a life sciences
You have an excellent attention to detail and a natural ability to deliver work that requires high precision. Team-work is essential at Abcam in order to deliver the best service and products to our customers, and so you will need to be a natural team-player to be successful.
Our customers are at the centre of what we do at Abcam and as a result you must have the customer in mind in everything you do.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the
back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make
breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and
Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our
customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.