Quality Control Associate
About the roleWe are seeking a Quality Control Associate to test a wide variety of antibody-based products in our Eugene, OR facility. The core responsibility will be to provide support to the quality control team by testing our catalog of products after they have completed the manufacturing process. These products include sandwich ELISA kits, Western blot antibodies and cocktails, immunocytochemistry antibodies, and flow cytometry kits.
- Perform documented methods required for quality testing of finished products
- Communicate detailed experimental information both verbally and in technical reports
- Create and inventory samples required for product testing
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of scientific equipment
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
- B.S. in Biology, or closely related discipline
- One year of relevant laboratory experience
- Preferred qualifications:
- One year of experience in an industry setting
- Experience in immunoassays, protein chemistry, protein separation and chromatography strongly desired
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Can follow detailed instructions precisely
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must possess strong organization skills
- Must have excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software, and proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
About youYou have a passion for lab work and a drive to ensure quality with all of our products. You have at least a year of hands-on lab work and understand that no detail is too small.
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.