Project Manager - PPI
We are looking to recruit a project manager with a scientific background. This role will report into the head of the Programme Management Office within PPI. Using their knowledge and experience they will manage an assigned project or programme(s).
The job is based at our Cambridge (UK) site, but the job holder will work closely with other stakeholders in other global locations to deliver the programme to strict timelines.
- Responsible for project management of a specific project within a large-scale programme or of a smaller functional programme.
- Establishes a clear robust project plan with key go/no go criteria and works with stakeholders to provide a regular updated timeline for the project.
- Communicates changes in timeline in a timely manner to stakeholders and works to resolve issues to get project back on track.
- Establishes a resource plan.
- Identifies and monitors project risks and issues. Develops mitigating actions and escalates as appropriate, taking ownership to get performance on track.
- Identifies and works with related projects to manage interdependencies.
- Supports effective governance and decision making. Provides reporting and engages in mechanisms that hold self and others to account for delivery.
- Identifies and manages stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manages internal and external relationships as appropriate.
- Cascades vision and translates into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintains the Project Plan. Identifies and sets appropriate Project Controls. Manages performance and reports progress to sponsors.
- Understands key financial principles relating to project delivery. Creates a project with correct financial assignment and executes in line with financial objectives. Monitors financial inputs.
- Identify and establish a working project/program team that enables the project to move forwards. Chair regular team meetings and provide minutes to key stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have a solid project management background, with experience of working within the life sciences industry, and a MSc or PhD in biological science or equivalent experience. Although a formal project management qualification would be advantageous (such as Prince 2), it is not essential.
You will have some experience of managing and delivering large scale projects with multiple stakeholders and will have 3+ years project management experience.
You will be highly organised, be comfortable working to deadlines and prioritising different aspects of the project. You will be able to work independently and have outstanding attention to detail.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.