Project Manager - fixed term
About the Role
We're looking for a strong Project Manager to support us during a journey of multi-year investment in our core IT systems. As a Project Manager in the IT department, this role will be to manage and deliver medium to large IT/Business projects for an ERP system integration. A key part of this role is to work closely with your Abcam stakeholders, in this case, our Category Marketing and Pipeline teams and with the development and 3rd party teams in order to drive forward the Business Transformation and delivery plans to help support business requirements and strategy around how we identify and deliver high-value products that are driven by consumer needs from new product idea, through development, to launch.
Furthermore, as a Project Manager, duties such as resource management within the project, programme administration and budget/cost management are also required.
About The Programme Team at Abcam
Within IT, we follow the Agile methodology predominantly, and also Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration; alongside other methodologies such as Waterfall. There are diverse set of skills, knowledge and experience within the Programme Team, focussing on Project Management, Business Analysis and Project Analysis, which help support the IT function in delivering key projects to Abcam.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Develop projects and mange project plans
- Chasing down external blockers, resolving conflicts and supporting the Project Owners and Stakeholders
- Be the key point of contact for Project deliveries across IT and the Business
- Communication of project status and progress to business stakeholders and internally within IT and against budget
- Address resourcing issues and understanding future availability of resource
- Liaise with 3rd Party supplier teams to ensure smooth cooperation and understanding of delivering projects
- Working with the Business Analyst on business requirements. both technical and business process specifications
- Scoping changes, ensuring that impact assessments are carried out, obtaining business and IT approval via the relevant forums
- Liaising and updating progress to the Project Sponsor and Programme Board
- Supporting of testing and systems training for managed change
- Competent at managing your own work and collaborate as a team player
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Pro-active/forward thinker
You will have worked within in both Agile and Waterfall environments and have an understanding of the software development lifecycle for web based applications. You will have System Implementation experience with a focus on Business Transformation and a strong understanding of the longer term delivery of business projects end to end. You will have advanced Microsoft Project Skills and have several years of experience working in a similar role.
You will be able to articulate Business goals, risks, issues and dependencies across projects and be keen to influence change and best practices across IT and the Business. You will be comfortable leading group discussions and brainstorming activities and be able to escalate relevant concerns and influence and engage stakeholders to reach common goals.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.