About the roleThe project manager will join a dynamic team within a rapidly growing organization and will be responsible for initiating and implementing customer projects and driving them toward major milestones and successful completion. Projects deliver tailored antibody solutions using RabMAb® technology, phage display and Next Generation Sequencing approaches. A particular focus of this role will be to support the team by leading immunogen design and immunization approaches, supported by a global team. The Project Manager will liaise with the commercial team, the R & D team and the custom service production team to plan and manage projects from initial scoping to final delivery to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Provide scientific input on project design and planning, assisting with the preparation of a detailed customer project proposal
- Take leadership for implementing immunogen design training to support the global RabMAb® Custom Service Team
- Execute project plans, management of project budgets, and clear and efficient communication of project status and issues to all stakeholders.
- Work closely with the sales team, as well as other functions such as laboratory staff and customers to ensure the smooth progress and completion of each project.
- Maintain information using in-house systems to ensure accurate status of projects.
- Provide interim and final study reports to customers, managing project meetings between the customer and the in-house project team
- Maintain financial records for project work, raising invoices as required
- Comply with all safety standards.
- Relevant bio-pharmaceutical industry experience, with a preference for antibody discovery experience
- Experience of immunization strategies and immunogen design paramaters is highly desirable, although training is available
- An understanding of hybridoma, phage display and NGS technology
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively with limited oversight.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships within the company, and with collaborators and customers.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ph.D. qualification or equivalent in life sciences
- PMP certificate is advantageous but training will be provided
- Understand ISO, FDA and applicable quality, health, safety and environmental standards as required
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.