Project / Change Manager
About the roleAn opportunity has recently arisen to join the Business Transformation team as a project/change manager. The initial focus will be to play a key role on the Enable Programme, centred around the implementation of Oracle Fusion across our global business, supporting our Research & Development (R&D) and Portfolio and Business Development (P&BD) functions. This is a fantastic chance for someone to specialise in the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and transitioning our IT support to a Managed Service Provider. As the programme transitions from solution readiness to operational readiness, you will play a key role in ensuring the successful transition and adoption, and minimising resistance.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone aiming to make the difference between getting change over the line and delivering real, lasting change and sustainable business benefits. Once Enable is completed, the role holder will move on to support other Abcam strategic initiatives.
About Business Transformation at AbcamBusiness Transformation is made up of a group of talented change managers, trainers and communications specialists. The team plays a critical role in helping Abcam deliver key strategic initiatives and applying project and change management best practices to help individuals and teams succeed through change.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Developing project plans, managing scope and deadlines
- Communicating project status, progress and escalating risk and impact to business stakeholders and internal teams
- Working with stakeholders to map out and deliver exactly what is needed to land change successfully (including communications, coaching and training)
- Engaging with leadership teams & SMEs to understand and mitigate the functional change impact assessments
- Developing business readiness plans with business teams to ensure they understand and are prepared to deliver against those plans
- Working alongside the Abcam communications team to develop “know how” material to be cascaded within the business
- Supporting the development of a global enable network to strengthen engagement across Abcam businesses
- Arranging and facilitating workshops
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a project driven environment, ideally with an interest in delivering technology driven change. Knowledge and experience of either R&D or P&BD functions and processes would be an advantage, though not essential.
You should be a team player, able to take responsibility and manage multiple competing priorities with a high attention to detail. We require a strong communicator with a flexible, well organised and adaptable approach. You should be a problem solver and creative thinker.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a great team, focussed on helping Abcam deliver our strategic initiatives, please apply now!
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.