About the role
The Production Associate will support the production of Abcam’s products. Products include ELISA Kits, Monoclonal Antibodies, Cell and Tissue Lysates, Proteins, and other Reagents for Life Sciences Research. This role will also provide support to the development team by manufacturing intermediates used in the development of new kits.
About Innovation and Manufacturing at Abcam
Our Innovation & Manufacturing facility in Eugene, Oregon is helping scientists discover more by developing and manufacturing high-quality immunoassay kits and state-of-the-art multiplexing assays. We are growing our manufacturing team to accommodate our expanding catalog of quantitative protein assays and to maintain our core catalog of products that include activity assays, In-Cell ELISAs, primary antibodies, lysates, and many other product types.
- Maintain glassware by picking-up, cleaning, washing, sterilizing, and distributing.
- Maintain and calibrate lab equipment when necessary.
- Maintain documentation and track efforts for tasks.
- Produce intermediate goods from raw materials.
- Produce finished goods for products.
- Aliquot and store finished components.
- Assemble finished goods for inventory.
- Maintain raw material and bulk inventory.
- Maintain cold storage inventory.
- Assist in pre-production and post-production operations when necessary.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply with Global Quality Standards.
- High comfort level with various computer programs.
- Bachelor's in Life Sciences or Chemistry.
- One year of related lab experience.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- A working understanding of biochemistry and scientific principles.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Superior multi-tasking skills.
- Must work in a safe manner according to all company Health & Safety standards.
Do you possess outstanding attention to detail, great communication skills and thrive in a dynamic environment? Do you enjoy a fast-paced collaborative workplace? Would the satisfaction of manufacturing a huge variety of products keep you engaged and excited to come to work?
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.